For Cat Owners:
If you're a cat owner (general public) needing help to find new home for pedigree cat(s):
- We accept all pedigree cats. Most commonly we rehome Persians, but all breeds are welcome.
- Cats do not need to have evidence of being purebred. If in doubt we'll ask you for photos.
- Part-pedigrees can be accepted depending on look and temperament; each case is judged individually.
- Cat rehoming is usually FREE. Charges are now made only for cats coming to us for care, and that are elderly or sick. Healthy cats, even those coming for foster care, do not always result in fees charged. We respond to cases individually and we'll let you know if we need you to pay, at the start.
- You're given a choice of a) looking after your cat(s) at home while we find a suitable new owner, or b) having the cat(s) cared for by an approved fosterer, arranged by us.
- If you are caring for the cat(s) in your own home while we seek new owners, fees will not be required. It's only a possibility if you need us to take in your cat(s) and if this will incur unusual cost for us, through age or ill health. On rare occasions we ask a fee if the breed is 'hard to home', such as Bengal, as we'll have your cat(s) a long time.
- We happily accept donations if we're not asking fees, at your discretion; it's up to you to offer.
We are not interested in making owners feel bad about why they have to give up their pets or about the condition of the pets; we do all we can to ensure a pleasant, happy handover! We want to help you to get the best new home for your pets, whatever the situation.
If your cat(s) need veterinary help you cannot afford before they can be rehomed, be honest in letting us know what is needed and we will raise the funds for the work. Our only interest is in getting animals healthy enough for new homes, not in making you feel bad, so please do not have any worries about contacting us and we protect your identity.
Book Your Cats in For Rehoming
- We'll respond the same day (by personal, not automated email) so don't worry that your request will fall into a black hole and that you need to carry on phoning around. In our reply we will either say a straight yes, or we will ask for more information (e.g. photos) to be sure that we can help. We won't decline to help if your cat is a pedigree breed. In our response we will say exactly what we can offer.
- Stop looking for other options. Make a cuppa and have a well-earned rest!!
- We will also let you know straight away if we feel you need to pay the £50 incoming cat fee (per cat) but in most cases it won't apply.
- If you are happy with what we outline in the response to you, you should write back authorising us to go ahead and rehome your cat(s). This means we can start work for you right away!
- We will now send you a very short Authorisation Form to agree by email: this simply confirms that we have your permission to rehome your pet(s).
- Your cat's rehoming is now in the care of the rescue and you need not look elsewhere.
- After we've received your Authorisation Form we'll ask you to send us details and photos of your cat(s). Although the initial rehoming request form asks some questions, we now need to know all about habits, personalities, likes and dislikes, and cute traits; these 'sell' your pet to new owners.
- We promise to advertise your pet(s) and work quickly in listing them on our site and at other online venues, as well as contacting would-be adopters already known to us.
- If you chose for your pets to stay with you while we vet suitable enquirers, you'll wait for us to find suitable adopters. We won't trouble you until we have positive news, and a family or couple we are sure you will like. Usually you'll only need to see one applicant or couple as you also will be at ease with who's been chosen; it won't be a string of unsuitable people...just one nice, pre-vetted person or couple, pre-agreed by you!
You are involved in choosing the home, and may decline applicants at any stage, even on the day of the visit - though it has not happened yet!
- If your cats need to be cared for by us, they'll go into quality foster homes with few or no other pets and no children. They are never caged. If you need us to collect your cats, we will need you to cover or contribute to fuel costs. Each case is viewed on its merits; if you cannot afford to fund total fuel costs we will raise the funds.
- Remember we are rehoming specialist breeds; you should give several weeks at least, to rehome a pet; it's about finding the PERFECT home. We take as long as it needs, to do that. If you do not have several weeks available, perhaps we need a temporary foster home instead of you caring for your pet(s).